When you need emergency medical care, you can count on the Emergency Department at the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center.
- There are two dedicated ambulances for patient transport to Genesis Hospital in Zanesville when needed.
- Staffed by experienced emergency staff who follow a nursing team concept, including RNs, LPNs, paramedics and multi skilled techs.
- All ED RNs and paramedics are trained in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Staff trained in trauma nursing, pediatric critical care and neonatal resuscitation
- Genesis Emergency Physicians group including physicians and advanced practice providers staffing the ED 24/7.
Call 911 or ask someone to drive you to the hospital if you experience symptoms or conditions such as:
- Broken bones
- Chest pain
- Major allergic reactions
- Persistent vomiting
- Severe burns
- Signs of stroke
- Suicidal thoughts
- Traumatic injuries
- Trouble breathing
- Uncontrollable bleeding
Designed for Your Safety & Comfort
You’ll appreciate our Emergency Department’s:
- 10 beds with specialty rooms for isolation, behavioral health and persons of size
- Major medical room with surgery capabilities
- It has specialty equipment for obstetric emergencies and deliveries.
- All-private rooms with doors, not curtains
- Specialized areas for women with obstetric or gynecological (OB/GYN) emergencies
Emergency Department Patient Testimony
“I have never been treated so well at a hospital as I was at the new Genesis Coshocton Medical Center Emergency Department. It was quick, and every staff member from the front entrance to the medical team was nice and efficient. Kudos to everyone!" - Genesis Patient, Terry Hill