Experienced surgeons use the latest in technology to perform your procedure at the Outpatient Surgery Suites in the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center.
- Nine pre-surgery and post-surgery rooms
- Patients are prepared for surgery and return to the same room for the recovery phase.
- A family member or support person may wait in this room.
- Two operating suites
- One minor procedure room
- Procedures such as removal of skin lesions and biopsies performed in the minor procedure room.
- One pre/post room can also be used as a procedure room
- Ear, nose and throat (tonsillectomies, ear tubes, sinus procedures): Learn more
- Endoscopies (colonoscopies, upper endoscopies): Learn more
- General (laparoscopic procedures, cysts’ removals, port placements, many more): Learn more
- Gynecology: Learn more
- Orthopedics (carpal tunnel release, pinning, nerve repair, many more): Learn more
- Podiatry (foot and ankle procedures)
- Sports medicine (shoulder and knee procedures): Learn more
- Urogynecology (bladder stimulator implants, slings, cystoscopies, many more)
Overnight Observation Unit
The Overnight Observation Unit provides medical care if you come to the Emergency Department and require monitoring before you can be released. After a few hours, you may be discharged to go home from the unit. If doctors determine you need care for a longer period of time, you may be transferred to Genesis Hospital in Zanesville.
- 10 beds – all private with private bathrooms and showers.
- Includes two specialty rooms for persons of size and isolation.
- All rooms have box cardiac telemetry capabilities to allow you to move around without being wired to wall monitors.
- Genesis Emergency Physicians group includes physicians and advanced practice providers who staff the unit 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Cardiac diagnostic testing is available on this unit, including echocardiograms, stress tests and stress echocardiograms (non-nuclear).
- Experienced staff follows a nursing team concept, including RNs, LPNs and multiskilled techs.
- All RNs are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- You may have infusions performed on this unit so you don’t need to travel to Genesis Hospital for infusion therapy.
The Imaging department at the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center is available for walk-ins for digital X-rays with a physician’s or advanced practice provider’s order. Other tests listed below can be scheduled.
Imaging tests include:
Heart & Vascular Diagnostics
Several cardiac tests are available at the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center, including the following:
Laboratory Draw Center
Outpatient lab draws and urine collections are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We perform most common lab tests onsite for quick results, and we use the latest technology to help doctors and advanced practice providers diagnose conditions.
The Lab Draw Center also provides services for patients in the Emergency Department and Overnight Observation Unit.
You can pick up supplies for urine collection at home, such as 24-hour urine collection or stool collections.
A suite of medical offices within the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center offers you convenient access to care. Physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) available include:
- General surgeons
- Cardiologists, general and interventional
- Gastrointestinal specialists
- Ear, nose and throat surgeons
Respiratory therapy testing is available onsite with the following tests:
Now you don’t have to travel for therapy. At the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center, you can benefit from a wide range of therapy services. Experienced staff, top-of-the-line equipment and a beautiful, floor-to-ceiling view contributes to getting you back to your active life again. Types of therapy include: