Who is Genesis Primary Care?
Genesis Primary Care is an extended group of primary care providers located throughout our communities. A primary care provider is either a family medicine physician (medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy), an internal medicine physician or an advanced practice provider like a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant.
Your Genesis Primary Care provider is your go-to medical partner – someone who learns important information about you – the whole you – that can be invaluable in keeping you healthy and catching problems early. The more you feel you can trust and be open with your doctor, the better care our provider can give you. Your Genesis Primary Care provider can recommend the right specialist and coordinate care if you ever need specialized care (for example, for a heart or an orthopedic problem).
Well and sick care, plus so much more
Genesis Primary Care providers help you when you’re sick, and they also perform wellness exams. But did you know that they also provide care for the following?
- Back strains and sprains
- Basic testing such as X-rays
- Minor surgeries such as skin tag removal
- Sinus infections
- Flu symptoms
- Urinary tract infections
- Well-woman exams
- And more
Genesis Primary Care providers also manage and treat diabetes, asthma, arthritis and heart disease among other chronic conditions. They refer you to specialists when needed and coordinate with them to make sure your health team has the information needed to help you.
Genesis Primary Care offices near you
Genesis Primary Care has offices throughout Southeastern Ohio, with some offering evening and Saturday hours.
Find us in:
- Junction City
- New Concord
- New Lexington
Updates from the Sounds of Good Health with Genesis Podcast:
- "Specialties of Your Family Doctor" - Family physician, Dr. Abdul Dada, shares when to see your family doctor and what procedures they can perform in their office. Listen Here.
- "Take Only as Prescribed" - Family physician, Dr. Kevin Frank, talks about why we should take our medication the way our doctor ordered. Listen Here.
- "Best Foods for Colds and Flu" - Julia Pingledis, APRN-CNP, a nurse practitioner at Genesis Primary Care, discusses the best foods for colds and flu and gives us advice on how to prevent them. Listen Here.
- "Dealing with Allergies" - Can you prevent allergies? Do allergies change over time? Hear the answers to these allergy questions and more from family medicine physician, Devin Wheeler, D.O. Listen Here.