Emergency & Trauma Services
In a medical emergency, you’ll get timely, top-quality care from Genesis Hospital’s Emergency Department. We see more patients than most emergency departments in Ohio, which means your Genesis medical team has the experience to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Call 911 or ask someone to drive you to the hospital if you experience symptoms or conditions such as:
- Broken bones
- Chest pain
- Major allergic reactions
- Persistent vomiting
- Severe burns
- Signs of stroke
- Suicidal thoughts
- Traumatic injuries
- Trouble breathing
- Uncontrollable bleeding
For treatment of minor injuries and illnesses, visit a Genesis FirstCare location. You’ll benefit from faster, more affordable care, and you won’t need to make an appointment.
After arriving at Genesis’ Emergency Department, patients are admitted to our hospital an hour sooner, on average, than patients at comparable hospitals.
Our Emergency Department speeds your care by:
- Treating minor conditions in our basic care program, which is available 12 hours a day and leaves rooms in the main Emergency Department for patients with more serious illnesses
- Keeping a CT scanner and X-ray equipment in the department to give you quicker access to medical tests
- Practicing immediate bedding, which means that if a room is available, a health care professional will assess the urgency of your condition in your private room
- Using telemedicine technology to give you 24/7 virtual access to a neurologist during brain and spine emergencies
Excellent Stroke & Heart Attack Care
Trust Genesis to give you the right stroke tests and treatments at the right time. Our high-quality care helped us earn Primary Stroke Certification and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®–Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award in 2015.
If you experience signs of a heart attack or heart failure, you’ll get excellent heart care thanks to Genesis’ skilled staff and advanced technology. We’re an accredited chest pain center with PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) and hold heart failure accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Multidisciplinary Emergency Team
Feel confident knowing you have access to Genesis’ full team of emergency medical professionals, including:
- Board-certified emergency medicine doctors
- Orthopedic surgeons available 24/7 and dedicated exclusively to the Emergency Department
- General surgeons
- Nurse practitioners who specialize in emergency care
- Nurses certified in adult and pediatric life support and specially trained in trauma services
- Psychiatric nurses available around the clock
- Sexual assault nurse examiners (SANEs) who provide medical and psychological support
Designed for Your Safety & Comfort
You’ll appreciate our Emergency Department’s:
- All-private rooms with doors, not curtains
- Specialized areas for women with obstetric or gynecological (OB/GYN) emergencies
- Four rooms designed to help patients with symptoms of behavioral health conditions stay safe
Community Ambulance Service
In an emergency, Genesis Community Ambulance may take you to the hospital and provide medical care before you get there. You’ll be in the skilled hands of certified emergency medical technicians and paramedics who use advanced technology to help preserve your health.
Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Support
Turn to Genesis for comprehensive, compassionate support after experiencing domestic violence or a sexual assault. Our emergency department team includes registered nurses who have advanced training in caring for the physical and psychological needs of those who’ve experienced sexual assault. To get free information regarding sexual assault or domestic violence, call the Genesis Sexual Assault Program at 740-454-4759.