Preparing For Surgery
When it’s time for surgery, your care and comfort are in the best hands at Genesis. To ensure your day goes as smoothly as possible, it’s helpful to know what you and your loved ones can expect the day of your procedure.
A surgery nurse will reach out to you the day before surgery to give you an expected arrival time. You’ll also receive pre-operative care instructions, including food and drink instructions for the day before your surgery.
Day of Surgery
To help you prepare for your surgery day, please take note of these instructions:
- Bring your driver’s license and insurance card with you.
- Arrange for transportation as you will not be able to drive the day of surgery.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and slip-on shoes, if possible.
- No gum, mints or smokeless tobacco
- No heavy/dark colored nail polish
- Avoid wearing jewelry or makeup or bringing valuables with you.
- If you wear contact lenses, bring your glasses and contact case with you.
- If you become ill or begin any new medication before your surgery, contact your doctor immediately.
Payment and Insurance
Co-payments and deductibles are collected on admission. For information about patient billing and payments, contact Patient Financial Services at 740-454-4218 or 866-522-0422, ext. 4218.
Visitors are welcome to wait for you during surgery. We ask that no more than two visitors enter restricted patient care areas and they must be 12 years old or older.
To ask a question or share a concern, call your physicans office.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Genesis HealthCare System provides the information for this web site. While Genesis tries to keep the information as accurate as possible, we disclaim any implied warranty or representation about its accuracy or completeness, or appropriateness for a particular purpose. If you think that you have symptoms of a specific ailment, we recommend that you see your personal physician or healthcare provider as soon as possible.
You assume full responsibility for using the information at this site, and you understand and agree that Genesis HealthCare System is neither responsible nor liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use. The mention of specific products or services at this site does not constitute or imply a recommendation or endorsement by Genesis HealthCare System, unless it is explicitly stated. Genesis HealthCare System does not endorse links referenced out of the site and is not responsible for the content of any links to other web sites, which are maintained by others